IMAGE USE POLICY
|Authorisation to use ESA Images|
The below constitutes an agreement with the registered professional user of this site ("You") and the European Space Agency ("ESA"), with head office at 8/10 rue Mario Nikis, 75738 Paris cedex, France.
By registering as a professional user you accept the terms and conditions hereunder. These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time, and it is your responsibility to check these terms and conditions regularly in case there are any changes. Continuing to use the site after a change has been made will signify your acceptance of the changes.
The material is ESA copyright and is supplied to you free of charge on the following terms and conditions:
1. The material can be used to illustrate press articles, scientific publications, for educational or infomational purposes
2. No payment needs to be made with respect of ownership or mechanical reproduction rights in the material.
3. The material may not be exploited in any other form without the prior written agreement of ESA.
4. The material may not be re-used by or sold to third parties as library material.
5. The material may not be used for the purpose of advertising or promoting products or services without the prior written agreement of ESA.
6. ESA images may not be used to state or imply the endorsement by ESA or any ESA employee of a commercial product, process or service, or used in any other manner that might mislead.
7. If an image includes an identifiable person, using that image for commercial purposes may infringe that person‘s right of privacy, and separate permission should be obtained from the individual.
8. The material may not be used in any way that contravenes national or international law.
9. When in use, photographer name must compulsorily be shown near by all images reproduction. Credits line mention must be indicated for each photo. Examples: Photo: ESA – European Space Agency; Photo: ESA/Cluster; Image: ESA/NASA - SOHO/LASCO ; Photo : ESA – S. Corvaja.
10. Some images contained in this Gallery have come from other sources, and this is indicated in the Copyright notice. For re-use of non-ESA images contact the designated authority.
11. Following registration and relevant acceptance of the present terms and conditions this authorisation is a binding agreement between the parties. The European Space Agency reserves the right to terminate this authorisation at any time and inform you of the reasons accordingly.
12. All disputes arising out of, or in connection with, the present Authorisation shall be finally settled under the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce by one or more arbitrators appointed in accordance with the said Rules. The language of arbitration shall be English. The place of arbitration shall be Paris, France